Essay Writing Rules: What Are the Basic Rules in Writing a Good Essay?Author: Cedric Welsch
A lot of students don't have the passion to write an essay for they are thinking of the arduous essay writing rules. Some might say that writing an essay is a nerve-wrecking activity but a bit boring to read. But it is not really hard to do; full interest on the essay will make it apparent for you.
For some, essay is a disaster on their academic success since writing is not their comfort zone. But thorough planning will make your essay be a success for you.
Here are the basic rules you should follow in developing an essay:
- The first essay writing rule is that you make an outline for your topic. This would be the overview of the contents of your work. Your essay would be organized and on the right track if you do have an outline.
- Second is to know your reader so as to have the idea of the topic you are going to write. Essay writing is not just for you to express your opinion but also for you to inform your readers about certain concerns.
- The third rule is to know the parts of an essay: introduction, body and conclusion. Devote enough time to the attention grabbing introduction so your reader must stay in focus about your essay.
- After writing an introduction, write the body or the content of your essay in a logical and organized way. This would let your reader know that you planned your essay very well. In that manner, the reader would not be confused about your central ideas.
- Moreover, your supporting details should not overlap the main details. Meaning to say, your supporting details should supplement information for your central idea. If there is a need to put transition words such as: yet, furthermore, moreover and like, then do so. It would be good to use transition words so you could have a logically arranged essay.
- Next would be your conclusion which would end your topic. End your essay with your point of view but try not to open another topic since this would be the ending part of your work. It is not like a novel or a short story that has a genre of what is so called cliffhanger. This is not a suspense event and your conclusion must be presented.
- Lastly, improve your editing and writing style such as spelling, capitalization and punctuations. In this way, your essay would look nice and presentable. Another purpose of improving your writing style is that your reader would not be perceiving the wrong information.
Take note of the correct spelling whenever you proofread your essay. Always bear in mind to capitalize proper nouns such as name of a person, thing, event and place. Do not put a question mark on the end of your sentence when you mean description.
Now, who could say that essay writing rules are disaster for your academic success? Just be logical and optimistic enough for you to do your essay comprehensively. Have a focus on what you are doing and always remember that you can bring out the best in you.About the Author:
Do you need professional help in your writing?
You do not need to learn stuff like how to write persuasive essays or anything like that.
I have setup a website which main purpose is to provide professional services on various writing needs: http://www.customessayplus.com/
Cedric Welsch is a writer who assists people in their professional writing needs. He writes on several different topics.